I’ve been getting makeup requests since my Bora trip last year and I’ve been eyeing on the best waterproof cosmetics ever since. Whenever i go travel, hang out or just shoot by beach or play in the pool, I love having my brows, base and eye makeup still intact because
ahem mermaid…. But I think that these products are also the most sweat-proof or long-lasting makeup that you can use at work or play. Check out the products and look I created with them below!
This photo was taken before reviewing the products I’ll showcase here. I spent 2 staycations the past months so I had the chance to swatch ’em water-resistant products, especially the new ones from MAKE UP FOR EVER which has a great Aqua line of waterproof makeup.
Just recently, MUFE released a waterproof foundation called Water Blend and it’s one of the greatest foundations on Earth. I think that while it’s truly water-proof, the “blend” is what is truly astounding about it as it melts into the skin, disappears and gives a fresh mid-coverage that’s also buildable yet lightweight.
I tested 3 MUFe bases after I swam and took a bath (mind the strength of the shower!)
Truly, these are the most powerful water-proof foundations and concealer I’ve tested and below are other properties I like about them:
- MUFE Water Blend Foundation* [PHP 2700] – It’s a bit tricky at first because it really looks like and feels water (80% water) but when blended via sponge (I prefer using this than fingers on this one) it absorbs perfectly and gives a dewy finish. My makeup in this look is a mid-coverage as I mixed it with the two products below. It feels very comfortable and lasts up to 8 hours.
- MUFE MAT+ Velvet Foundation [PHP 2700] – This is one of my favorite foundations – I think I met my forever here LOL! MAT+ Velvet is mid-full coverage and it may seem cakey and hard or dry when before or when blending, but it just gives a non-oily matte finish that evens out my imperfections after finishing and drying it out. I’ve always used this on music festivals, and I heard my blogger MUA friends use these for their brides too!
- MUFE Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream Concealer [PHP 2100] – This is second repurchase and it’s one of my top hard-working concealers. I’ll review this in detail but this one just doesn’t crease, cake or wear easily with full flawless coverage meant to hide extreme imperfections – I use it on my upper lip to cover green marks caused by shaving!
See how water just slides to the skin!
Generally, cream products are more water-resistant (like dissolves like!! – except for that Water foundation!!) so it’s best to have a neutral dewy or satin look which i created more with the below products.
I used more MUFE products from the infamous AQUA line which we’ve known as water-proof since ages for eyes and even lips.
In my opinion, these are the most pigmented and strong liners i’ve ever tried. See how I scratched it even with my nails after soaking in water and they’re still there, especially the M (matte) variants!
I didn’t use the non-neutral shades in this look but I swatched them anyway. Below are reviews of these products from the brand’s Aqua line, alongside Sleek Matte Me which apparently also performs well with water:
- MUFE Aqua XL liners [PHP 1250]* –
- MUFE Aqua eyeliner [PHP 1000+] –
- MUFE Aquamatic [PHP 1400]* –
- MUFE Aqua Cream [PHP 1750] –
- MUFE Aqua Liquid Liner [PHP 1600] –
What you think of these? Powerful, YES?