New Tester Series!
While in La Union to spend a short unplanned vacay, I thought that travel sizes / testers / mini’s that we always get from the counters, events, special gift packs or Sample Room, are great tools for quick reviews of full-sized products. With the amount of cosmetics and toiletries that I study, I think that I’ll be placing some of the skin care products that are new/share-worthy/my-fav’s in this series, especially that I use and try to test some of them whenever I escape from the city. Below is my first list (focusing on toiletries) with my thoughts and impressions:
- NIVEA Soft – This is a classic favorite of mine. I usually always bring my NIVEA Creme tin for skin emergencies (dry skin, rashes, shaving mistakes) but the soft version is a lighter one that can be used especially at day or under the sun.
- Belo Sun Expert Body Shield SPF 60+++ * – This is currently being sampled in Sample Room (full-size!!! yey!!) alongside the Perfecting Shield Tinted Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++. I like that both have broad spectrum for sun protection and don’t feel heavy or give a white cast. Also, it’s good to know that it is infused with Cell Protect® Technology that strengthens the skin’s defense system, maintaining healthy skin while preventing accelerated premature skin aging. The tinted sunscreen has a good consistency and adapts to skin tone (a bit pinkish though so it would be better for coller tones) but can be layered with foundation – I combine with warmer one. Get your samples in this link (VIP* customers can now avail of 1000pts for only P649 (from P799)
- Burt’s Bees Honey & Milk Body Lotion – I always put thicker lotions at night in religious amount to make sure skin’s nourished in the moirning after. This one is almost 100% natural and of course, all the benefits of honey to the body skin.
- Perfume Pod* – This is my travel staple because I can transfer the content of my favorite perfumes ( usually the ones with bonggang packaging e.g. Marc Jacobs Dot). It has been around but it will be massively launched with colors and variants. Stay tuned!
- Etude House Sunprise SPF 50 PA+++ for Face – This is non-greasy, and watery-like with a good level of sun protection. It has a floral-fruity scent (hint of sunblock smell), that comes from the ingredients like Aloe Vera and Acai Berry to name a few, which also improve skin defense.
- Etude House Lettuce & Cucumber – This has 20% cucumber water which is a great calming toner/water for the summer.
- Laneige Moisturizers – Very light-weight and deeply moisturizing. I got the gift set few years ago and I really like their moisture lines.
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream – Prior to concealer application, i use this non-greasy eye cream to prep and refresh/energize my eyes.
- Bobbi Brown Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover – Just like water but potent as oil especially when removing long-wearing products that we always use at the beach =)
- Burt’s Bees Lip Balm (Honey)* – One of my top balm choices. Check this post for full review.
- NARS skin Luminous Moisture – I am loving NARS’ skin care lately (I just finished the partner toner in full-size which I bought year ago). This one delivers as well with its non-greasy, long-lasting moisture with NARS exclusive Light Reflecting Complex™: wild thyme, beech bud extract, plankton extract, and sophora root extract work in synergy with hyaluronic acid and monoi oil, which immediately moisturize the skin, soothing and comforting dryness on contact.
- Philosophy Purity* – This cleanser is a wonder!! I don’t know how to explain it but instantly after every wash (doesn’t foam too much), the skin is extra soft and smooth! I just finished the full size of this and it’s one thing I will repurchase because it just melts everything without being really harsh on skin.
- Skin Medica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer* – My other clinical moisturizer recommended by Dra. talens of Skin Philosophie