Lip Series 1: Rosy Nude Matte Liquid Lippies
#Internationallipstickday or month is over but in our world, there’s no such thing right? It’s everydaaaay! So let me swatch all of my new lippies this year in different series and starting that off with NUDES 😉
…But the pink/rosy kinds of nudes (kinda desaturated/muted) which I have been liking lately for everyday use or if I have overdone my eye makeup 😉
It will also be my first time reviewing some liquid lippies from brands like Cathy Doll, H&M Beauty (yes, they’re here!! Stay tuned on my blog for that!), BYS and Sephora. However, I will be making the reviews deeper as we touch other shades from their lines.
When it comes to rosy/pink nudes, I choose the rosy ones which are typically warmer than the cool nude pinks.
In terms of color, I am usually gravitated towards the bottom part of this arm swatch. They look nicer on my tone and just brightens my complexion.
Now these rosy/pink nudes are all matte. I actually pre-selected the brands here and they are all working for me.
As you can see above, Sleek Birthday Suit which I’ve reviewed here, is always my reference point. It’s just a warm pink (sometimes orangey) that guides me on the right undertone to select. The 6 shades that follower after it are rosy warm shades that I like.
Now for the lip swatches (where I didn’t use daylight so it will tend to appear darker), see below gallery.
- Cathy Doll Nude Me in Moss Rose [PHP 399]* – This has to be the most matte of them all and a true warm rosy shade. It dries quickly and I really love the pigment, consistency (coz of the flexi wand). It just feels a bit heavy on the lip and cracks when lasts longer but perfect for the first 1-3 hours!
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 06 [PHP 799]* – One of my favorite formulas of affordable liquid lipstick. Doesn’t really dry my lips and the pigment is really high. 06 is a cool pink on my arm but turns to be a little warm on my lip.
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 13 [PHP 799]*- 13 is very close to Birthday Suit color.
- BYS Velvet Lips in Guilty Taupe [PHP 399] – Velvet Lips is a very nice and affordable choice for liquid lippy. Very pigmented and liquidy and comes in lots of colors – you will see more of this soon. My only problem is it dries slower than the rest but the wear is fabulous. This Taupe is a muted color but has a hint of rose. Really unique.
- BYS Velvet Lips in Wicked Plum [PHP 399]* – I don’t think this is plum as I can see more of pink but is very close to Shabby Chic and just a lovely mid-toned pink.
- Colourette Liquid Lacquer in Vieja [PHP 599] – I will share more about this line from the brand in the next posts because I just love it. On the lip it appeared darker and muted which I love.
- Pink Sugar Lip & Cheek Stain in Vieja [PHP 349]* – The most affordable but performing line as well as I have reviewed here. This color looks kinda peachy and more pigmented than the reference but looked lovely on my lip!
- Sleek Matte Me in Shabby Chic [PHP 450] – I have reviewed this line many times and this pink color which was release just las year and renov-ed this year (with a better wand – same as Birthday Suit) is just a wearable pink for any skin tone.
- H&M Liquid Lipstick in Enchante [local price to be revealed soon] – is the coolest pink in this set. I will be attending their launch event next week and Ill get to know more about this but the pigment and feel of the product is outstanding. It’s creamy but dries velvety matte and not too drying. Formula to watch for!
What are your favorite pink nudes?