Last year, I’ve been to a lot of bazaars and I’ve been sent a couple of pinoy/indie/cult cosmetics & toiletries that we can’t find in the huge department or drug stores. I like supporting these entrep brands or products (almost all are Filipino in this list) especially if they deliver beyond my expectations. So below is my list and some of my thoughts on their attributes and performances.
- Nippon White Ginger Hand Wash* – I’ve come to really appreciate hand washes because as we age, we tend to lose hydration and our hands are one those parts of the body that we can’t really treat when the time comes that wrinkles and lines appear. Nippon Esthetic Solutions, known to produce pro makeup products and promote proper hygeine in makeup and skin care, made this non-drying formula. I consumed the travel size already and aside from I really like White Ginger (both as food, ingredient and scent), I noticed it made my nails stronger which is a good indication of its performance.
- Smell Chic Sanitizers & Room/Linen Fragrances – This brand has always been present on bazaars I go to or participate in so their simplistic packaging yet captivating scents attracted me so much. If you are a fan of scents like Eclat, Elizabeth Arden, etc, they have infused similar scents in their sanitizers and sprays without making them come off as strong, while giving a long-lasting scent. My favorite lines are Sophisticated Grace,
- Beach Born Sea Salt Spray* – I’ve never tried one before until blogger/entrep/traveler Sarah Tirona sent me this fuss-free all-natural volumizer/tezturizing leave-in. I like curling my hair and often times, culring/flat iron can make it look dull. We all know sea salt to remove oil and moisture to achieve gorgeous beach-waves which we always see from models and celebrities. I really like and recommend this one because it doesn’t dry hair unlike the chemical-based ones!
- Nekkid Sugar Lip Scrub & Balm* – Owned by fellow blogger Sabs Hernandez, I like her brand of natural skin and body care! I’ve been sent these two items and I really like the lip scrub because it’s all natural (just be careful of the ants) and I’ve been avoiding using products with micro-beads as we all know those to contribute to our wastes.
- Zennutrients* – I’ve been in love with this all-natural Pinoy brand that ever since I tried their All is Well balm and roll-on (I’m a sucker for anything eucalyptus, peppermint, green tea, ginger and lemon which they’ve all combined), I have adored almost all of their bath and body care products. The candle above is hand-poured with coconut, while the Gugo hair strengthening serum is just an innovative idea for an abundant plant in the Philippines.
- Desire Signatures Scents* – I’ve tried a lot of scents that smell like my favorites like Eclat, Clinique, etc but nothing is more powerful (in a good mild kind of way) and long-lasting than these fragrances. I think they have a very nice concentration of oil – not like the others that will just face away easily!
- C Beauty Oils* – A fellow beauty enthusiast, Cristina Madara, produced a line of coconut oils, which is nice to hear because this is very abundant locally. But also, we don’t realize how we have so much to get from what we call “Coconut beauty”. I tried 3 variants 2 years ago and until now, I use them whenever my body/skin needs to moisturize or treat. I usually place them in excess on weekends at bed, then I get super soft and silky skin the morning after,
- Kala Milk Soaps* – I’ve once bathed myself with Milk products to soften my skin when I was in college doing active work and I like how this one is the first ever specialty bath soap from local carabao’s milk (sourced from local farmers in Bulacan), with the highest content of good butterfat + essential oils like lavender, green tea and lemongrass (favorite variants!!). But also, this family and community endeavour has been helping the Baliuag agricultural sector. These are available at Philippine Carabao Center in Nueva Ecija (my mom’s hometown!) and BeautyMNL
- Simplify Argan Oil* – I loved the good oils ever since I tried it 3 years ago. I like argan oil so much for my hair, but I also got to try it on some of my imperfections on face and body and this product specifically has nice cleansing and moisturising properties.
Can you share what indie/pinoy brands/products you loved last year?